I am pleased to report I was recently appointed External Advisor for Bioethics for the DTC company DNAFit:
Recent (2016/17) media and outreach work:
- ‘BBC Big Questions (Television) I was an invited panelist for the episode “Is it ethical to interfere with the genome?” (June 11th, 2017) The episode can be downloaded here with BBC iPlayer: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b08vg018/the-big-questions-series-10-episode-20
- Who is a sportswoman?’ AEON Essays, February 28, 2017 https://aeon.co/essays/sports-culture-binds-us-to-gender-binaries-this-is-unfair
- ‘Bioethics Forecast’ for 2017, blog of the Journal of Bioethical Inquiry: http://bioethicalinquiry.com/bioethics-forecast-2017/
- Shortage of organs for human transplantation – is more research on human-animal chimeras the right approach? BioNews, September 2016 http://www.bionews.org.uk/page_699184.asp
- The solution to doping is to extend the blame beyond athletes. AEON, July 2016.https://aeon.co/ideas/the-solution-to-doping-is-to-extend-the-blame-beyond-athletes
- Why Caster Semenya and Dutee Chand deserve to compete (and win) at Rio 2016, The Conversation August 9th, 2016 https://theconversation.com/why-caster-semenya-and-dutee-chand-deserve-to-compete-and-win-at-rio-2016-63727
- Podcast interview to UC Medical Humanities Press April 27th, 2016: https://soundcloud.com/brian-dolan-250580185/ucmh-press-interviews-dr-silvia-camporesi-on-her-book-about-doping-in-sports-and-editing-embryos
- I chaired the Bioethics panel at the Gap Summit (Global Biotech Revolution) in Cambridge UK, April 4-6th, 2016. Here is the full recording of the bioethics panel discussion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XpQcgh8LFI&app=desktop and here is my interview, where I answer the question: “Which debates do you think will be most important in biotechnology and bioethics by 2050?”
Radio and Television Commentary and Expert Opinion
BBC News Hour Extra (Radio)
Commentary for: “A flickering flame: Is the Olympic ideal dead?” (2016, July 29).
BBC World News (Television)
Expert opinion on the case of eugenics victims receiving compensation for sterilisation in Virginia. (2015, February 27):
BBC World Service (Radio)
Expert opinion on Dutee Chand’s case. (March 23, 2015). https://soundcloud.com/bbc-world-service/what-makes-a-woman
BBC Have Your Say (Radio)
Expert opinion on Dutee Chand’s case. (March 23, 2015). http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02m31rq
BBC Radio 4 News (Radio)
Expert opinion on Dutee Chand’s case. (March 23, 2015). http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b05mrc53
References to My Work in Mainstream Media and Professional Outlets in 2016:
East, S. (2016, August 12). Should a woman’s testosterone level matter in sports?
Pielke Jr., R. (2016, August 3). Get ready for the coming wave of technologically enhanced athletes.
Camporesi, S. (2016, August 10). Why Caster Semanya and Dutee Chand Deserve to Compete at Rio 2016: Do female athletes with high levels of testosterone have an unfair advantage?
The Mail and Guardian
Saba, A. (2016, August 25). Has gender verification made women’s athletics into a sordid masquerade?
Los Angeles Daily News
Reid, S. (2016, August 1). Wave of controversy surrounds track star Caster Semenya.
International Bar Association
Green, R. (2016, August 22). Suspended hyperandrogenism regulations under the spotlight at Rio Olympics.
In addition I write regularly for the Huffington Post US Blog:
Un paio di articoli in italiano per Pagina 99 datati 10 dicembre 2016 e intitolati “Correggere il DNA materno per eliminare difetti genetici” firmati da Angela Simone e che contengono una mia intervista: